19 September, 2008

Saying Goodbye


I've been waiting to post this until I got my laptop back so I could post the picture with it.

As some of you know we had to say goodbye to Dexter on Sunday. That was by far the hardest thing I have had to do in my life. We only had him for about a month but he fit right in to our little family. I have always said that dogs were an Earthbound illustration of God's unconditional love for us and this little guy proved my point even more. He came from a crappy family situation where he was locked up in a cage all the time but he was just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Yeah, he chewed up the couch, yeah he woke us up in the middle of the night, yeah he drove Emmet bonkers but we all loved him and he loved us right back.

Damn, I'm getting a bit choked up writing this but I guess I'm just a sucker for a good dog.

I'll miss you buddy.

No comments: